Nowadays everybody uses MSN on a regular basis to communicate with friends, relatives, to know people and even for work related reasons. In all these situations we need all the resources we can get that allow us to transmit our complex personality and mood. And there are plenty of those resources when it comes of MSN! Winks, Display Pictures, Emoticons, Backgrounds, User Tiles.
To help us to protect and take with us that toolkit that defines us on the communication with others, Baisoft has developed MSN Backup. The version 1.3.3 runs with Microsoft MSN Messenger 7, 7.5 and Live Messenger 8.0, 8.1 and 8.5 and it’s available in any languages such as English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Deutsch, Magyar.
It’s an easy-to-use and convenient program that will allow you to perform to useful functions: create backup copies and take with you all your extras to use them when you connect to Internet from other PCs.
Backup on your hard disk:
This function will allow you to create a backup copy in you hard disk, selecting a folder to save it or whichever other destination that you prefer. The steps to accomplish the task are very simple:
- Input your account: you must input your ID and password. To work with Windows Live Messenger 8.1 and later versions you will have to use your Passport Unique ID, which because of encryption issues you’ll have to copy and paste from https://account.live.com/SettingsPage.aspx.
- Once the ID is registered, MSNBackup will load all the resources that you have stored, classified into five categories: Winks, Display Pictures, Emoticos, Backgrouds, User Tiles.
- Select all or some categories that you’d like to copy.
- On the right side of the window you can select the directory where you want the copy to be saved, which will be organized according to the same five categories commented before.
- Push the Backup button and it’s done! You already have all your resources protected.
Backup in external media:
Following the very same steps pointed before, you will be able to choose the destination external media to take your MSN extras always with you, to use them when you connect to Internet from other PC than yours.